Monday 22 September 2008

The FUTURE Radio Show




I'm living in the FUTURE.

On Saturday afternoon I hosted a live radio show with some of my friends. The show functioned as an extension of the weekly artists salon I run. This time including discussion, live music and specially recorded sound-pieces.

Whilst our attitudes and opinions towards them remain separate, several collective concerns have emerged at the salon. There is a general mood and consensus that the FUTURE is something that we not only can, but must, shape with creativity and intelligence.

It was exciting to hear these thoughts expressed and to have them recorded so that people who don't attend the salon can engage with it too.

Download the show (2 hours: 281mb)

I will be doing another music orientated show on Wednesday 1st October at 10pm.
You can listen online here: http://dum.diesel.com/radio

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Matthew,
I'm not able to download the show after trying (too) many times. YouSendIt, or, best of all, Odeo might work better. Looking forward to your next show,
A Secretive Lithuanian Listener

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

Matthew Stone RULES!!!

CoOL blog!!!

JR FRANCE said...

Dear Matthew,
Thanks for this post and to the Salon for sharing their ideas and music.

I have had many question about how, what, why, why bother!

I was thinking that, it could be viable, to not have opinions, but then, A little while back, I had seen V Westwoods Manifesto "Active resistance to propaganda"

I was very taken by what she had to say but began to question my motivations and ideas about life and art. I came across more and more of this "rejection of cynicism"! worried that I might be found out, so I started a search, which so far has lead me here.

The talk and performances have, in a very real way, helped inform new optimistic ideas. do post some more of same, will yeah?

Peas & Mash
JR France

Anonymous said...

dear matthew,
it is great that you believe that the FUTURE© should be shaped creatively, I am just concerned of how diesel shapes you right now. enjoy the freebie jeans, comrade.

Matthew Stone said...

As if I would wear Diesel jeans!

Hope you enjoyed the show.